We do our best to accept all the claims we receive and pay you the compensation due as quickly as we can so its really important that you provide the information we need click here for more details.
However there are a number of reason why a claim can be rejected:
- The journey occurred more than 28 days a go
- No ticket image has been supplied or there’s no visible price on the ticket image
- The ticket image is of poor quality and not readable
- Our frauds checks have identified an impossible journey or duplicate claims under the same ticket.
- The service was not delayed by 15 minutes or more
- The service was not operated by Northern
- You did not complete your journey by train or alternative transport provided by Northern and therefore you are entitled to a refund or partial refund depending on the circumstances
If your claim does get rejected we will email you to advise why and if you disagree with our decision you have the right to appeal and this can be completed by accessing your delay repay account online here.