If you choose to travel by train, please travel safe. You must wear a face covering on board the train and at the station (unless a medical condition or disability prevents you), try to avoid busy periods varying your usual travel times to prevent crowding and check specific journey times before you travel.
For more information on public transport advice from the government click here.
Travel safe with us
If you do choose to travel with us, please remember to;
- buy your ticket online or pay by contactless
- respect the social distancing rules
- follow the instructions at stations and of staff
- wear a face covering, unless you have a medical exception or a disability that prevents you from doing so
- take your face covering and litter with you
- wash your hands before and after your journey
- avoid rush hour and travel at quieter periods where possible
- allow extra time for your journey
Buying tickets to travel
Customers must have a ticket to travel and we are advising that you should buy before they board from stations, ticket machines, and online via the web, or our mobile app.
Ticket Offices: Our ticket offices remain open so, if you’re starting your journey from a staffed station during opening hours, our helpful staff will be ready to sell you the ticket you need.
Ticket Vending Machines: Most of our stations now have Ticket Vending Machines which sell tickets to all locations in the UK.
Customers should buy tickets using contactless payment where possible, although we are accepting cash payments if absolutely necessary.
Conductors will also be available to help customers as needed.