On Monday 11th April we are moving to a new delay repay platform, making it easier for our customers to claim compensation for their journeys via our website on your mobile phone or computer.
Our new platform will make it easier for our customers to claim compensation where a Northern train was delayed or cancelled causing a delay of 15 minutes or more.
We’ve linked the new delay repay system with the Northern website and mobile app, meaning that information about tickets you have purchased will automatically feed through. This minimises the data you need to supply when making a claim and allows us to offer automated delay repay on advance ticket purchases.
Features of the new platform include
- New journey picker tool, and access to tickets purchased through the Northern App and Website reducing the need to upload photos
- Easily set and save a default compensation method – no need to add your details in every time
- Greater transparency with detailed information on how the system automatically calculated the delayed journey
- Review your claim history and claims in progress
- Submit appeals directly from your account
- Opt-in for automatic delay repay on advance tickets purchased from our website and app - we will email you to confirm your delay and you can claim the compensation due directly from your delay repay account
- Receive your compensation payments almost instantly with Payit™ by Natwest. It’s free to use and you don’t need to be a NatWest customer.
What do I need to do?
We are in the process of moving all our customer accounts over to the new platform, From 12:30 on Monday the 11th April you will be directed to our new system to submit any new claims, in order to access your account, we will need you to take the following steps Click here.
If you purchase advance tickets from our website and mobile App you can also Opt-in for automated delay repay and we will proactively notify you when your delayed so you can claim the compensation due with one click from your delay repay account.
The new platform will be linked to your Northern website and mobile app account used for purchasing tickets, so make sure you use the same email address for both to make your claims as simple as possible. If the email address used for your delay repay account is not the same the email address you use to purchase ticket from us we recommend creating a new account on the new delay repay system so they match.
What about claims I have in progress already?
You don't need to do anything any claims placed with us prior to the system change over will be processed using our old system and you can still access your account and review any claims in progress and submit appeals by clicking here. Any claims submitted from 12:30 on the 11th April we go directly into the new system.